The IDEAL National Championship Contest
March 5, 2018
Important: Please completely read Official Rules before entering this contest (the "Contest"). By clicking the "Submit" button on the www.IDEALnationals.com registration page and/or by participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR. IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC., 1375 Park Ave., Sycamore, Illinois, 60178
2. ELIGIBILITY: THE IDEAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICIANS OR STUDENTS IN AN ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE PROGRAM WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA), OR CANADA AND IT’S PROVINCES AND TERRITORIES AND WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY (19 YEARS OR OLDER IN DE, AL OR NE; 21 YEARS OR OLDER IN MS, AND 18 YEARS OR OLDER IN ALL OTHER STATES AND ALL OF CANADA). IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN THE PRIZE, AND IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must follow the entry format designated in Section 4 below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, immediate families of each and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to win any prizes.
3. OVERVIEW AND PROMOTION PERIODS: Eligible contestants participate in a timed skilled contest by following the instructions provided at contest locations. Competitors consist of four divisions – Professional (“Pro”), Student/Apprentice (“Student”), Professional Team (“Pro Team”) and Student/Apprentice Team (“Student Team”) and the contest consists of different competition levels (“Competition Levels”). The goal is to successfully complete the interrelated tasks using select IDEAL® tools, which are provided at the competition location, in the least amount of time. Contestants are permitted to use their personal IDEAL® tools.
Contest times may not be continuous and contest activities may be paused, at Sponsor representative’s discretion.
4. HOW TO ENTER. You may enter the contest by registering online at www.IDEALnationals.com starting March 5, 2018. Competitions will take place from March 7, 2018 through October 5, 2018. Contestants will be required to use their email to check into local events. To check into an event, Contestants will enter their email. A unique event code provided at each competition location on the IDEAL Nationals website or the mobile app IDEAL NATLS. All entries must take place during the Qualifying Round promotion period of the respective contest periods to be eligible to win a prize. Contestants may enter by paper registration where the sponsor deems it to be necessary and applicable.
5. FOR ALL ENTRIES. All requested contact information must be provided for your entry to be valid. All Contest materials including information provided at time of Contest entry become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Failure to verify credentials will result in the disqualification of contestant. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected by Sponsor and the contestant disqualified. All contestants are required to sign a Contest Waiver and Release before participating, which is available on www.IDEALnationals.com or may be made available at competition events by Sponsor.
Up to Two hundred (200) Qualifying Round Prizes:
Second and Third place Pro and Student contestants of each U.S. state and Canadian territory will receive $500 or $250 IDEALcash, respectively. Contestants awarded a Wild Card slot are not eligible for this prize.
Up to One hundred seventy one (171) Championship Finalist Prizes: Championship Finalists will be required to attend the Championship Weekend in Lake Buena Vista, Florida on December 1, 2018 through December 3, 2018(the “Event.”) If a Championship Finalist or Team Finalist does not attend the Event for any reason, he or she will be disqualified. Sponsor will provide each Championship Finalist and Team Finalist with a trip to attend the event. Travel includes round trip coach air transportation for each Championship Finalist and Team Finalist from a major commercial airport near Championship Finalist’s/Team Finalist’s home residence (as determined by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent) to Orlando, Florida, ground transportation from airport to hotel and return to airport on day of departure and ground transportation to and from Event location and a meal package. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Championship Finalists or Team Finalist’s proximity to Event location, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Trip must be booked through Sponsor’s designated agent. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by Sponsor and the airline carrier as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All other expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated herein including but not limited to, ground transportation (other than stated above), meals not included in the meal package, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses, are solely the responsibility of Championship Finalists and Team Finalists. Championship Finalists and Team Finalists must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Airline tickets are non-transferrable and are not subject to cash substitutions. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated vouchers or airline tickets. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, travel providers, or any other persons providing any travel-related service or accommodation. Additional trip details and information are provided to the Championship Finalists and Team Finalists at the time of notification. Championship Finalists and Team Finalists are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their own option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
PRIZES AFTER FINAL ROUND:
First Place Prize: One (1) Pro contestant placing first will receive a seventy five thousand ($75,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check and a trophy commemorating their win. The First Place Pro’s contractor will receive $5,000 in IDEALcash, which can be used towards the purchase of IDEAL® products on www.idealind.com.
Second Place Prize: One (1) Pro contestant placing second will receive a twenty five thousand ($25,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check commemorating their win.
Third Place Prize: One (1) Pro contestant placing third will receive a ten thousand ($10,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check commemorating their win.
First Place Prize: One (1) Student contestant placing first will receive a thirty thousand ($30,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check and a trophy commemorating their win. The First Place Student’s school will receive $5,000 in IDEALcash, which can be used towards the purchase of IDEAL® products on www.idealind.com.
Second Place Prize: One (1) Student contestant placing second will receive a twenty thousand ($20,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check commemorating their win.
Third Place Prize: One (1) Student contestant placing third will receive a ten thousand ($10,000 USD) cash prize, awarded as a check commemorating their win.
First Prize – Pro Team: One (1) Pro Team placing first will receive a sixty thousand ($60,000 USD) cash prize, to be divided equally among the three Team competitors, awarded as a check and a trophy commemorating their win. The Pro Team’s contractor will receive $5,000 in IDEALcash, which can be used to buy IDEAL® products on www.idealind.com.
First Prize – Student Team: One (1) Student Team placing first will receive a thirty thousand ($30,000 USD) cash prize, to be divided equally among the three Team competitors, awarded as a check and a trophy commemorating their win. The Student Team’s school will receive $5,000 in IDEALcash, which can be used to buy IDEAL® products on www.idealind.com.
All prize winners may also be featured on Sponsor’s website, social media sites, and other marketing materials.
7. Odds of winning; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible participating contestants that enter and participate in the contest. The value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported by Sponsor to the IRS for tax purposes, as required by law. EACH WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL APPLICABLE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES. SPONSOR DOES NOT PROVIDE TAX ADVICE. PARTICIPANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CONTACT THEIR OWN TAX ADVISOR REGARDING TAX IMPLICATIONS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification and taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $599.00 in prizes from Sponsor will receive an IRS Form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS by Sponsor. The prize may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if the prize is returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within five (5) days after delivery of notification, or, alternatively, if three (3) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or email with the prize notification are not successful. The prize is not transferable. Substitutions or exchanges will not be permitted.
8. Winner Selection. The winners will be determined by the best score by category at the Qualifying Round and Championship Weekend, as described in Section 3. Official time is kept by a Sponsor-provided time clock at each table at competition locations and the fastest times are kept and recorded by Sponsor personnel. Judgment calls or qualification decisions by Sponsor personnel are final and binding. The final winners will be announced at the Final Round Event on December 3, 2018 at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida. To claim the prize, the winner should follow the instructions provided in the notification. There will be no ties; contestants and Teams must beat top previous score in their category.
9. Official Rules Request; Winners List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, you may download them at www.IDEALnationals.com, view them on the IDEAL NATLS mobile app, or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: IDEAL National Championship – Official Rules. To obtain the a list of contest winners, visit www.idealind.com, or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope after December 18, 2018 to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 1 above, Attn: IDEAL National Championship – Winners List.
10. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor and Sponsor's licensees to use the winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his/her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
12. RELEASE. By entering this Contest you release Sponsor, all participating distributors, retailers, schools or co-sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, wholesalers, distributors, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action related to any claim, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, acceptance, possession, use or inability to use any prize (including without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, wither intentional or intentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Released Parties will not be responsible for: (a) any late entries; (b) any electronic, hardware, software, malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
13. DISCLAIMER. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any contestant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. In the event that Sponsor suspends or cancels the Contest for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize to the winner with the best tallied time from all eligible entries for each category received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. Contestants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the Contest, or activity that defrauds or is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other contestant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification, forfeiture of any prizes won, and possible prosecution to the full extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest.
14. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois. Contestants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Illinois. Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please mail written questions to IDEAL INDUSTRIES, Inc., IDEAL INDUSTRIES INC Attn: The IDEAL National Championship Contest – Contest Questions, 1 Becker Place, Sycamore, IL 60178. Championship Weekend rounds are conducted under the auspices of the US National Electrical Code as chosen by the Sponsor.
15. Copyright Notice. The copyrights to the Official Rules and all accompanying materials belong to Sponsor.
© 2018 by IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. All rights reserved. Disneyworld is not a sponsor of, or otherwise associated with, this promotion.